[texhax] \headline in LaTeX document

electric-reality at yandex.ru electric-reality at yandex.ru
Tue Jul 19 18:05:54 CEST 2011

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 17:46:57 +0200
Heiko Oberdiek <heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com> wrote:

> And what's the problem then?
>
> If the template is errorneous, then ask the person who is responsible/
> gave it to you.

  Yes, it seems to be reasonable to me, but the truth is I got that
file as a template for the article targeted to the conference
proceedings. The organizers sent me both the template.tex and
template.pdf (a resulting PDF file). This means they managed to
generate the correct PDF file using that LaTeX template, I believe.
  That is why I thought that there might be some implicit knowledge
which I do not possess. And that is why I decided to ask here for there
are a many people experienced in LaTeX tricks here.

  So, is using a "\headline" command in *LaTeX* file a complete
nonsense?

  Regards,
    Vladimir

-----