[texhax] [lltx] issue with unicode-math, spanish and LuaLaTeX

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Wed Jul 13 11:53:24 CEST 2011

Am 13.07.2011 um 11:15 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:

> Btw: while looking at the \Umathcodenum I saw that some arguments
> are converted to curious high numbers. Mostly the letters in the
> ascii range:
>
> \Umathchardef\test="0"0"24
> \showthe\Umathcodenum\test
>
>> 36
>
> \Umathchardef\test="0"0"41
> \showthe\Umathcodenum\test
>
>> 14799924

The correct syntax is \showthe\test (mathematical character shorthands are numbers). TeX does some weird things with your syntax. Is this documented somewhere?

$ tex
This is TeX, Version 3.1415926 (TeX Live 2011)
**\mathchardef\a="41

*\showthe\mathcode\a
> 28993.
<*> \showthe\mathcode\a

?

*\showthe\a
> 65.
<*> \showthe\a

?

What is the meaning of \mathcode\controlseq?