[texhax] latex2e usage.

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sat Jan 22 04:38:38 CET 2011

On  21 Jan, 2011, at 21:06, Beverley Eyre wrote:

> On 01/21/2011 01:17 PM, Axel E. Retif wrote:
>> On  21 Jan, 2011, at 04:33, Beverley Eyre wrote:
>>
>>> I think he didn't run texhash after the install.
>> Maybe, but it seems to me that wouldn't explain why running `` sudo latex file.tex '' does work, as he later said in another email.
>
> Ah, I missed that one.
>
> I personally use linux,

Me too (Ubuntu), mainly; but I still use Mac OS, and keep both OSs distros up to date.

> but I've installed TeXLive on a few Mac OS X systems in both the Mac way and the *nix way (I didn't want to install MacTeX because it seemed limited compared to the full TeXLive distribution.)

Not at all! MacTeX is the *whole* TeXLive *plus* some additions (like TeXShop, TeXworks, TeX Live Utility, etc.), and you don't have to worry about permissions, umask, etc., as long as your system is reasonably stable to start with.

Best

Axel