[texhax] texhax Digest, Vol 2011, Issue 16

hh-brasil at bol.com.br hh-brasil at bol.com.br
Wed Jan 12 00:22:16 CET 2011

Hello Elaine,

maybe you should not be too dependent of TeXworks.

Try the standard run with "latex xxx.tex; dvips xxx.dvi" and try to avoid TeXworks.
That most probabley means you have to install the TeXlive CD AND also (in Windows) the unixutils (or whatever they are called, they come with the textlive-CD). That means using the same commands in windows and unix, which I regard as a progress.
You work then with a terminal in any case.

The tex files are (by nature) certainly independent! It might demand a deeper understanding of what you are doing |(example:. makeindex -s ... yyy.tex), but that is IMHO no disadvantage.

hh

Message: 5