[texhax] XeTeX, LaTeX, and commercial licensing

Peter Davis Peter.Davis at xerox.com
Tue Jan 11 14:20:05 CET 2011

If I want to distribute XeTeX, LaTeX and some LaTeX packages as part of
a commercial software application, is there some straightforward way to
check all the interdependencies in order to sort out the licensing
issues?  I believe XeTeX "secretly" invokes Ghostscript if it encounters
an EPS graphic to be included.  I know that some packages depend on
others, for example, so if I use textpos.sty, I think that requires the
everyshi.sty package, and so on.

Any suggestions on how to find *all* the dependencies and their
licensing restrictions?

Thank you!

-pd