[texhax] \pdfximage : is there a transparency attribute or method ?

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Jan 4 19:17:46 CET 2011

I am attempting to incorporate

	http://thai-an.co.uk/Resources/Graphics/thai-an-logo-no-phone.png

as a background image in PdfTeX, and of course it is
far too saturated to use as-is.  While I could manipulate
it in Photoshop or similar, I wonder if there is a more
direct way whereby I can specify (say) its transparency
in PdfTeX so as to effectively reduce its saturation ?

Philip Taylor
--
Not sent from my i-Pad, i-Phone, Blackberry, Blueberry, or any
such similar poseurs' toy, none of which would I be seen dead