[texhax] Small caps in XeLatex

Ramamoorthi Bhaskar bhaskar51 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 17:54:30 CET 2011

Thanks, William.

I was afraid of that, since I want to use Baskerville for the main text. But
your suggestion of Hoefler gave me the idea of a simple-minded
\newcommand{\Smc}[1]{\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Hoefler Text}\textsc{#1}
\setromanfont{Baskerville} }

and now \Smc{string} produces string in small caps.  Thanks.

How do I find out which Mac OS X fonts support small caps, besides Hoefler.
 Do I just have to know it!

Thanks again.

R. Bhaskar

26 Elmwood Ave