[texhax] unicode-math plus braket

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Wed Feb 23 21:15:32 CET 2011

Philipp Stephani wrote:
> Am 22.02.2011 12:47, schrieb Donald Arseneau:
>> "Arno Trautmann" <Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de> writes:
>>
>>> %\setmathfont{xits-math}
>>>
>>> \begin{document}
>>> test
>>> \begin{figure}
>>> \caption{$\ket{}$}
>>
>> The \setmathfont has changed \ket into a fragile command
>> (rather, it has actually made \langle fragile.
>
> indeed, and this has nothing to do with the braket package.
> I patched unicode-math and hope this issue is fixed (and the protected
> definitions don't introduce new problems). Could you please test whether
> it works with the current Git version?

Yes, it works (at least in a footnote I reproduced the error and it
disappears with the git version)
Just for the record, it also solves another problem I had with \vec:

./3-feshbach.tex:13: Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \l_um_growing_accents_bool

l.13 \[e^{i \vec

I had reported this to Will some time ago but he could not reproduce it.
However, with the new version of unicode-math, it is gone.
So I hope to see it on TLcontrib soon ;)

> Another thing, possibly unrelated to unicode-math itself: When I compile
> with xetex, I get funny symbols (e.g., circled digits); this doesn't
> happen with lualatex or Cambria Math. Can anybody reproduce this?

No Cambria on my machine right now, sorry …

Thank you very much for the fast response and bug fix!

cheers
Arno