[texhax] Feb 2011 TUG news: conferences, tugboat, election, interviews

TeX Users Group tug-news at tug.org
Wed Feb 23 02:16:58 CET 2011

Dear TeX users,

- Conferences:
  TUG 2011 has moved to Kerala, India, from October 19-21, and will be
  hosted by River Valley Technologies.  Registration form and
  information will be posted as it becomes available.
    http://tug.org/tug2011/

  Best wishes to our Egyptian friends who had planned to host TUG'11,
  but have advised us it would be better not to do so this year.  We
  expect the conference will be in Egypt in a future year.

  Other upcoming conferences:
  EuroBachoTeX from April 29-May 3, in Bachotek, Poland;
  fifth ConTeXt user meeting from Sept. 19-24, in Porquerolles, France.
    http://tug.org/meetings.html

- TUGboat: The first issue for 2011 will be TUGboat's 100th issue.
  We are soliciting special contributions for the occasion -- articles
  about the history and evolution of the TeX world would be especially
  welcome.  Of course, all the usual TeXnical topics are welcome too.
  Deadline is March 31.
    http://tug.org/TUGboat/

- 2011 election: the deadline to receive nominations for the TUG
  president and TUG director positions is
  May 1, 2011.  For nomination forms and full info, see:
    http://tug.org/election/

- Malcolm Clark and Herb Schulz are the latest subjects
  in the Interview Corner.
    http://tug.org/interviews/

As always, please don't hesitate to contact us with questions,
suggestions, or information.

Karl Berry (President) on behalf of the TUG Board
http://www.tug.org/