[texhax] not enough room left

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Feb 11 16:41:30 CET 2011

On 11 February 2011 Mohamed HOUSSNI wrote:

 > I made some research via internet about this problem and I found that we
 > can made changes in the file "texmf.cnf" under the directory "web2c" to
 > increase the font size memory via the variable "font_mem_size" but when
 > I did this I still have the same problem.
 >
 > Any suggestions ?

I just tested it here and came to the same conclusion.  There are hard
limits in TeX's sources which can't be increased by settings in
texmf.cnf.  These limits were increased occasionally over the years.
I fear that you need a newer TeX Live.

BTW, I have

  This is TeXk, Version 3.141592 (Web2C 7.5.2)

and you have

  This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.3.7x)

It seems that you have TeX Live 2002 (though your format was created
in 2003).

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25