[texhax] Running LaTex in xp pro w/ open office

Robert Hauser radarsweep47 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 14:34:18 CET 2011

*Downloaded LaTex to this platform ----xp pro sp3....

Tutorials only explained symbols used in LaTex but were useless as to how to
implement software when Open Office is the no recourse desktop word
processor. In Greenberg's "Short Intro to LaTex" it makes reference to using
DOS commands to create a document and the DOS in this system refuses to
recognize any of it.

So I understand that LaTex is not a word processor program but a text
editor....fine...but all I've got to work with is Open Office and none of
the instructions tell me jack squat about how to type up a document on Open
Office and then "send it" or transmute it or scan it or whatever you are
supposed to do to LaTex .....and really that is useless anyway because I am
trying to type documents using mathematical expressions and that is next to
impossible using Open Office. TYhe reason I downloaded LaTex in the first
place was for their supposed ease in writing mathematical
relationships...what good is that if they have to first be typed up in
something like Open Office or DOS?
*