[texhax] MS Word & Mathtype to TeX

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Sat Dec 17 23:39:41 CET 2011

"John C Frain" <frainj at gmail.com> wrote 17.12.2011 01:24:49:
> The Word to Latex convertor that I mentioned in my third paragraph is
> that provided by the Abiword word processor. One can import a
> document in Word format into Abiword and then export it in LaTeX
> format

Good that you mention it here, I am adding it to a list of mine,

    http://www.webdesign-bu.de/uwe_lueck/texhax.htm#word2x

that needs completion by searching more of the texhax archive.
Similar pages of prettier appearance and more care are Jürgen Fenn's

    http://mirror.ctan.org/help/Catalogue/bytopic.html#wp

and Wilfried Henning's:

    http://tug.org/utilities/texconv/pctotex.html

Somebody also should see what the UK FAQ has to say about this matter.

> Sorry for the confusion. I must resist drafting such replies late at night.

I have experienced this so often that I even have improved my behaviour
in this respect in the meantime, except right now.

Cheers,

    Uwe.