[texhax] dotfill leaders on first line of paragraph only ?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Dec 11 01:11:03 CET 2011

On 2011-12-10 at 07:04:23 +0100, Herbert Voss wrote:

 > Am 10.12.2011 00:11, schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:
 >
 > > Since TeX engines support PDF directly, supporting PostScript became
 > > more and more inconvenient.  But for LuaTeX users there is a bright
 > > star at the horizon:
 > >
 > >    http://escrito.luatex.org/
 > >
 > > It's a fully fledged PostScript interpreter written in Lua.  I tried
 > > it today and it works like a charm.  Even the source code is beautiful.
 > > Of course, it makes most sense to use it with LuaTeX, but LuaTeX is
 > > the future anyway.
 >
 > Sorry, but a PostScript interpreter for _Level 1_ is more or less
 > useless!

It's not finished yet.  But the hard work (writing the interpreter) is
already done.  Adding Level 2 features is much less complicated.  Some
of the Level 2 operators are quite simple to implement.  For instance,
since there is setrgbcolor, it's not difficult to implement
setcmykcolor.  Some of them are only for convenience and can even be
expressed as procedures in PS Level 1 (rect{fill,stroke,clip},
selectfont,...).  Shouldn't be too difficult to implement them.
I really wish Taco had more time.  Or we need more Tacos.

Does pstricks make use of any Level 3 operators?  I doubt that many of
them are needed unless you intend to feed a printer directly.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25