[texhax] dotfill leaders on first line of paragraph only ?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Dec 7 00:48:07 CET 2011

On 2011-12-06 at 10:07:53 +0000, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

 > My sincere thanks to Reinhard, Herb, Heiko et al for
 > their kind comments and suggestions on/for the Thai-An
 > restaurant menu.  I agree with Reinhard's analysis,
 > have adopted Heiko's suggestion, and the next iteration
 > is now at :
 >
 > 	http://Thai-An.Co.Uk/Restaurant/Menu/2012/TA-Menu-Dotfill.pdf
 >
 > Observant readers will see that on the final page I have
 > taken advantage of an enforced line-turn to set the continuation
 > line hard right, and I think that in a future version of
 > the menu I may adopt this style more consistently, as there
 > is otherwise a tendency for the LHS of the menu to become very
 > cluttered while the RHS looks distinctly underpopulated and sparse.
 > Further comments welcomed, but my next task is to set it in
 > three columns and get it off to the printer (300gsm laminatated,
 > tri-fold) a.s.a.p.

One minor suggestion.  You are using RGB colors.  Printers usually
prefer CMYK.  Using CMYK colors has the additional advantage that they
look in PDF viewers as on paper, i.e. much darker.

See the example at

  http://ms25.ath.cx/graph.pdf

The color bars show primary colors only.  Here is the code snippet
which produced the bars:

 |   g.gsave()
 |   g.translate(0,150)
 |   local colors={