[texhax] Converting from .doc to .tex including styles conversion.

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Apr 27 14:16:09 CEST 2011

Uwe Lueck wrote:
> "Andrew K"<andriiko1 at yahoo.com>  wrote 06.04.2011 10:11:59:
>
>> I've got a Microsoft Word document with different styles of text in it
>> (like Definition, Important, etc.). Is there a converter, which can convert
>> styles to LaTeX from Word?

Well ...

I tried to create such a document, and found that neither "Definition"
nor "Important" are pre-existing styles, so I created such styles and
then marked up some sample text accordingly.  I then saved it as XML.
There is little doubt that the XML captures the markup used, but I
would hate to have to be the person to write the XSLT to convert it
to TeX.  OTOH, I'm sure it's possible, if you have sufficient determination :-)

** Phil.