[texhax] multicol and vertical spaces

Christian Pleul chrisptex at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 25 21:12:13 CEST 2011

Am 16.03.2011 um 16:06 schrieb Boris Veytsman:

> CP> From: Christian Pleul <chrisptex at googlemail.com>
> CP> Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 04:04:03 +0100
>

> CP> Thanks Boris. It unbalances the columns on all pages. Is there a
> CP> way to do that only on the last page?
>
> Surely.  Make \raggedcolumns the last command before \end{multicols}
>
> Compare these two documents:
>

>    \documentclass{article}
>    \usepackage{multicol,lipsum}
>    \begin{document}
>    \clubpenalty10000
>    \widowpenalty10000
>    \begin{multicols}{2}
>      \lipsum[1-22]
>      \raggedcolumns
>    \end{multicols}
>    \end{document}
>
> and
>
>    \documentclass{article}
>    \usepackage{multicol,lipsum}
>    \begin{document}
>    \clubpenalty10000
>    \widowpenalty10000
>    \begin{multicols}{2}
>      \raggedcolumns
>      \lipsum[1-22]
>    \end{multicols}
>    \end{document}
>

> By the way, maybe what you need is multicols*?

I tried some but it still looks very wired. I think this is because of the images I have in between. Does anybody has a nice idea on what approach could be used to start solving such a problem?

Best
--
	Christian

-We've really achieved the ideal of what I wanted Microsoft to become.-
Bill Gates, June 2008