[texhax] Ideas/lists of developer libraries of TeX Macros?

Deyan Ginev d.ginev at jacobs-university.de
Sun Apr 17 22:05:09 CEST 2011

On 04/17/2011 09:44 PM, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
> Deyan Ginev wrote:
>
>> Since I am interested in dev hackery, ... Does any of
>> you have pointers for a dev-oriented library of TeX
>> utilities
>
> What does "dev" mean in this context, Deyan ?
> Philip Taylor

Hi Philip,

For example developing some complex behavior allowing for non-standard
commands (e.g. parsing wiki markup as in wiki.sty) or performing
advanced computations (e.g. the amazing math work by the PGF+Tikz crew,
pstricks, etc.)

I know there has been a LOT done in these and other scenarios, but I was
never sure whether it is tailored to reuse for different purposes (it's
not only graphics packages that require computation, etc.)

But I like Uwe's suggestion to look into LaTeX 3, that sounds generic
enough to be the kind of hammer I need for my nail.

Thanks,
Deyan

--
Deyan Ginev, Jacobs University Bremen,