[texhax] Fwd: Re: The next to read after lshort?

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at gmx.de
Sat Apr 9 16:49:27 CEST 2011

I'd like to forward this mail by Herbert which was obviously directed to
the list but did not appear there, at least not on its relay at
Gmane.org, so far, FWIW.

Regards,
Jürgen.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: [texhax] The next to read after lshort?
Datum: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 08:45:05 -0500
Von: Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>
An: Juergen Fenn <juergen.fenn at gmx.de>

On Apr 9, 2011, at 8:34 AM, Juergen Fenn wrote:

> Am 09.04.11 11:38 schrieb Steven Woody:
>
>> I found lshort sometimes cannot answer my question.  For example, when
>> it talks about \newcommand, it even does not talk about how to use
>> optional arguments.  In this kind of situation, what is the right
>> documentation I should read?
>
> Well, perhaps you might like turn to the documentation provided by the
> LaTeX Project, cf.
>
>  http://dante.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/bytopic.html#latexdocu
>
> or Lamport's Book on LaTeX, or the LaTeX Companion. Or the UK TeX FAQ:
>
>  http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
>
> Regards,
> Jürgen.

Howdy,

Or `Guide to LaTeX,' 4th Ed., Kopka & Daly, which falls between
Lamport's book and LaTeX Companion or `More Math Into LaTeX,' 4th Ed.,
Grätzer, especially if you do lots of maths.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)