[texhax] Local search path

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Tue Oct 26 10:21:50 CEST 2010

On 26-Oct-2010, at 12:42 PM, Thierry wrote:

> On the LaTeX level (instead of the system level), Donald Arseneau's 'import' package,
>
>    http://ctan.org/pkg/import
>
> seems to provide at least partial solutions. I expect that achieving the feature with \usepackage is difficult ...
>
> HTH -- Uwe.
>
> I have tried this package and it corresponds for a part to what I wanted.
> I am waiting for a more complete solution (à la "\graphicspath"), but this one can do the job for the moment.

Following worked for me:

\makeatletter

\def\filepath{{/tmp/}{/Users/cvr/}{/opt/NLM/jnl-xml/}}
\let\input at path=\filepath

\InputIfFileExists{path-tmp.tex}{Available}{NOT Available}
\InputIfFileExists{path-home.tex}{Available}{NOT Available}
\InputIfFileExists{path-jnl-xml.tex}{Available}{NOT Available}

I think, you might change the definition of \filepath as per your requirements.

Best regards
--
Radhakrishnan