[texhax] Beamer Error

Doug Faires jfaires at ysu.edu
Thu Oct 21 22:21:44 CEST 2010

I am running  MikTeX2.8 under Windows7 using WinEdt 6.0 as my editor. In
the past I had no problem running
Beamer files but now every time I try to run files that have worked in
the past (including the first sample Euler one in the
Beamer Guide) It gives me

("C:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX 2.8\tex\latex\psnfss\t1phv.fd")
*geometry* driver: auto-detecting
*geomery* detected driver: dvips
! Undefined control sequence.
\Gm at lmargin ->\Geom at lmargin

L.34 \begin{document}

The 34 refers, of course to the line on which the \begin{document
resides. If I try to push through it
it gives a lot of other Undefined control sequence statements.

I cannot find a command \Gm at lmargin  anywhere in the loaded documents
nor the other Undefined control sequences
it gives.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I reinstalled the Beamer package today

J. Douglas Faires, PhD Professor Emeritus of Mathematics

Youngstown State University Youngstown OH 44555

Web Address: http://www.math.ysu.edu/~faires

Phones: Office 330 941 1805 Home 724 964 8497
         Cell 724 944 4472

Chair of the Board of YSU CURMath,
the Center for Undergraduate Mathematics Research