[texhax] Usepackages for FSMs

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Mon Oct 18 09:04:00 CEST 2010

"Paul Stanley" , 18.10.2010 03:34:03:
> I thought I'd check with you chaps before asking for help from the XY forum.
> anyone know a `user-friendly' package for modelling finite state machines?
> I'm dealing with `finite automata' in particular.
> The XY package can be used for drawing the arrows and the states. I'm
> looking for something a little less terse and cryptic. :)

Hi Paul,

when Juergen Fenn's topic index of the TeX Catalogue

doesn't help (hi Juergen!), you can try

and enter something for "Search the package descriptions".

I entered "automata". The results are

Entering "finite" in place of "automata" doesn't add ...

You may be unhappy with MetaPost or PSTricks.

But, hey, entering "Turing" instead, you get

somewhat in Axel's direction --

"Axel E. Retif" <axel.retif at mac.com>, 18.10.2010 07:51:49:
>I think TikZ does a good job for that. Section 23 of the pgfmanual deals with Automata Drawing Library.

-- for a special situation, however.

All the best,