[texhax] \includegraphics command is not working

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Thu Oct 14 16:11:47 CEST 2010

Mostafa ali wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am a new latex user. I am using MikTex 2.8 version and also using WinEdt 6.0
> version. I am using these under windows operating system.
>

> For some resaon the \includegraphics command is not working. Here I have
> attached a simple code that I have been using for testing. If I don't use any
> extension for the figure name, the code gives an error that the file is not
> found. The figure file is in the same folder that .tex file is. if I add the
> extension (.eps) to the figure name then it gives a new error that the extension
> is unknown. I don't have any clue why the command is not working.
>

> Any help is appreciable.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mostafa

sounds like you are compiling using pdflatex (or similar) and they
cannot handle eps files.

Only LaTeX (plus dvips or perhaps dvipdfm) can handle eps files.

Use the tool epstopdf to convert you eps to pdf and the include it with
out extension, then pdflatex will pick up the PDF version and LaTeX will
choose the eps version.

--

/daleif