[texhax] Compile issue

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sat Oct 9 08:19:28 CEST 2010

> I'm really not having much compiling a document in winedt6 luck as I believe there is an issue with hyperref.sty package
> I have always been able to compile documents using the following preamble:
> \documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{amsart}
> \usepackage{color,vmargin,amsmath,amssymb,euscript,epsfig,graphics}%,harvard}
> \usepackage{hyperref}
> \usepackage{amsmath,amssymb,euscript,epsfig,graphics}
> \usepackage[dcucite]{harvard}
> \usepackage{graphicx,setspace}
> \usepackage{pdftex}
> \usepackage{graphicx}
> [...]
> However, I'm getting errors based on the file hyperref.sty

I don't know if you have already solved your problems, but, as Vafa says, you have to tell what error(s) you're getting.

Now ---if you allow me... The hyperref manual specifies that you should better load it after all your other packages:

> Make sure it comes *last* of your loaded packages, to give it a fighting chance of not being over-written, since its job is to redefine many LaTeX commands

which also means that if you have typeset your document *without* the hyperref package and then add it, it might encounter problems with your *.aux, *.toc, etc., files; see the bottom of this page (``Problems with already existing .toc, .lof and similar files''):

If that's the case, delete them before typesetting with hyperref.

Also ---are you aware that you're loading several packages several times? To start with, I think amsart already loads amsmath, and you load it again two times; you load two times as well graphics and graphicx (use one or the other just once), etc.

Finally, at least from TeXLive 2007 on, there is no pdftex.sty and I don't recall any from previous distributions.