[texhax] Who is using biblatex?

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Thu Nov 25 18:41:01 CET 2010

Hi all,

(Apologies for the cross post, something seems to be wrong with MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu
)

Been looking this morning at switching over to biblatex in order to
remedy an apparent problem I have with some reference types and
apacite. I have made an engine for TeXShop to run bibtex8.

Essentially I have been looking at what might be required for a switch
to APA 6th from 5th. The biblatex bib file is a very different looking
beast to a bibtex bib file and mine is about 176kb (a lot of
references to convert).

 From what I have seen biblatex seems to have got some good press and
application appears to be quite logical. There is also the nice
looking biblatex-apa.

Is there anyone on the list that is currently using this (biblatex or
biblatex-apa)? Apart from the major changes to structure (and I am
afraid I am very comfortable with bibtex field structures), are there
any issues you found?

I don't use a bib database like BibDesk. I just use TeXshop as a text
editor to maintain the bib file and link citations.

Cheers
Alan
--
Alan T Litchfield