[texhax] converting Word files to text

pierre.mackay at comcast.net pierre.mackay at comcast.net
Tue Nov 2 00:47:42 CET 2010

What I do, and I often have to do it, is make a new Word file, INSERT the small files into the new file
save the new file and reopen it in wordpad, notepad, or something similar. (Also good for getting
the HTML cruft out of web pages.

Actually, this is all done in Open Office, on a Fedora 10 system, but it seems also to work in
MS whatever.

Even better is to take the content.xml part of an odt file and run it through an XSL filter, but there is a long
learning curve to that, and I haven't really completed it yet

Pierre MacKay