[texhax] converting Word files to text

Anders Källström anders at texnat.se
Mon Nov 1 20:52:35 CET 2010

On 11/01/2010 07:59 PM, Fernando Gouvea wrote:
>  Hi, everyone. I'm about to launch into a project using LaTeX to
> prepare a poetry book for publication. Unfortunately the poems are in
> individual Word files. If they were plain text, it would be fairly
> easy to batch-process them and make a LaTeX file. Since I have several
> hundred little files, opening them with Word and "saving as" would be
> a pain. Is anyone aware of a good tool to batch-convert from Word to
> text (or even to TeX)?
>
> Fernando

If you can do the conversion in linux you have the programs antiword and
catdoc. I have used them both to convert doc-files to txt and you can
easily write a script to automate the process.. They will not work with
docx though.

--
/Anders K
TeXNaT                                            Web: www.texnat.se
Anders Källström                             Email: anders at texnat.se
Arkitektvägen 6                              Tel: +46-(0)18-36 40 29
740 20 Vänge                                     Mobil: 070-225 2286