[texhax] email url etc.

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue May 25 04:48:32 CEST 2010

On 24 May 2010 walt burkhard wrote:

 > Hello,
 > How can I provide an active email url within plain TeX.

Please consider to use eplain.  From the eplain manual:

Otherwise I suggest to reverse engineer the LaTeX hyperref package.
Just write a tiny LaTeX file which does what you need.  Then re-define
the pdfTeX primitive \pdfliteral so that it writes to screen or
to the log file instead of to the PDF file.  Then you can use
\pdfliteral in plain TeX yourself and know what it expects.

But I'm convinced that using eplain is the best solution.  It offers
much more than just email support.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25