[texhax] Distress call

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Thu May 6 06:01:28 CEST 2010

On 6/05/2010, at 3:54 PM, Oleg Katsitadze wrote:

> On Thu, 6 May 2010 09:09:42 +0900, Cyril Niklaus <cyril.niklaus at gmail.com
> > said:
>> You need to copy the whole log (that chinese in the black box, as you
>> call it) and send it to the list
>
> It seems that the OP had typed all that text by hand.
>
> To Dr. Katscher:  There's no need to do that, you can copy and paste
> the
> text.  This will also avoid any typos.  Unfortunately, I don't have
> access to a Windows machine, so I cannot give step-by-step
> instructions
> no how to copying the text.
>
> It would be even easier to find and attach the .log file, but it might
> not contain all the error messages unless TeX was being run in batch
> mode.

It might be helpful, too, to know what editor you were using. Sorry if
I missed that previously and it was already mentioned.

You should be able to safely update your current system without losing
what you already have, especially if, as you say, you have a very old
system running. Maybe you have found incompatibilities between
packages that have since been resolved.

Alan

--
Alan T Litchfield