[texhax] \input command under Linux

Zsolt Udvari udvzsolt at gmail.com
Wed May 5 07:24:57 CEST 2010

$ pwd
/home/users/uzsolt/tmp
$ cat test.tex
\input /home/users/uzsolt/mytex.tex
\bye
$ cat /home/users/uzsolt/mytex.tex
Hello, World!
$ tex test.tex
This is TeX, Version 3.1415926 (Web2C 7.5.7)
(./test.tex (/home/users/uzsolt/mytex.tex) [1] )
Output written on test.dvi (1 page, 228 bytes).
Transcript written on test.log.
$

So, it works for me. Maybe try with extension. Please try:
cat /home/randy/RJSTeX/UTILITIES/AAMacros

Works well? The file's permissions are OK? And please post the exact
error message, not only "FAILS".

E.g.
$ chmod a-r ../mytex.tex
$ LC_ALL=C cat ../mytex.tex
cat: ../mytex.tex: Permission denied
$ tex test.tex
This is TeX, Version 3.1415926 (Web2C 7.5.7)
(./test.tex/home/users/uzsolt/mytex.tex: Permission denied

! I can't find file `/home/users/uzsolt/mytex.tex'.
l.1 \input /home/users/uzsolt/mytex

(Press Enter to retry, or Control-D to exit)
Please type another input file name:

Zsolt