[texhax] \input command under Linux

Steve Schwartz s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Tue May 4 02:30:30 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 20:17 +0100, Uwe Lueck wrote:
> I guess now Steve has found /the/ diagnosis.
>
>     \input ...AAMacros
>
> searches for a file AAMacros.tex which is nowhere.

Actually, my system behaves slightly differently. The \input line:

\input{AAMacros}

WILL load a file AAMacros that DOESN'T have a .tex extension. But if I
mistype it, for example, as:

\input{ABMacros}

then my latex will tell me that it couldn't find ABMacros.tex and ask me
to give it another filename (default extension .tex). When I input
AAMacros, it likewise says it can't find AAMacros.tex.

Conclusion: If AAMacros is found within my pre-existing tex search path
then it can be found, but when the latex engine asks me for a file name
there doesn't appear to be a way to input it at that stage.

Steve

Professor Steven J Schwartz        Phone: +44-(0)20-7594-7660
Head, Space & Atmospheric Physics  Fax:   +44-(0)20-7594-7772
The Blackett Laboratory            E-mail: s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Imperial College London            Office: Huxley 6M67A
London SW7 2AZ, U.K.               Web: www.sp.ph.ic.ac.uk/~sjs