[texhax] h-cross in plain TeX?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 16:21:13 CET 2010

Stephen Hicks said the following at 03/16/2010 01:19 AM :
> If you've got access to the amssymb fonts, you can load them up in
> plain TeX.  The \hslash character is "7D in the msbm font.  This will
> get it for you in plain TeX at 10pt.  You'll obviously need to adjust
> the sizes if your overall text is not 10pt (see TeXbook p415, TeX by
> Topic p192).
...etc.

Thank you very much for your extremely helpful and complete answer (and
yes, I do need to change the size, so that reference was also useful).

(I had thought about building the glyph myself, and was prepared to do so,
but figured that there had to be an easier way to get such a widely-used
character.)

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR