[texhax] An Index Package Question

J. Douglas Faires jfaires at ysu.edu
Wed Mar 10 18:58:20 CET 2010

I am finishing a book and like to have the bibliography indexed.

It seems that the way to go is to use the Index package to create a
separate index for the bibliography items.

I think I have followed the instructions in the documentation and the
package is loaded,
but my new index will not print, although I receive no error messages
and the original index prints without a problem.

The relevant material from my file, I think, is listed below.

Standard index items are flagged in the form

\index{Gaussian Quadrature}

and a bibliographic item such as [Ab] is flagged in the form

\index[bib]{[Ab]}

Best,
Doug Faires

**************************************

\documentclass[12pt, two-sided]{book}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage[active]{srcltx}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{amsthm}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{enumerate}
\usepackage{boxedminipage}
\usepackage{colortbl}
\usepackage{array}
\usepackage{hhline}
\usepackage{multicol}
\usepackage{pstricks,pst-node}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage[normalem]{ulem}
\usepackage{maplestd2e}
\usepackage{fancyhdr,lastpage, ifthen, array, time}
\usepackage{NA9}
\usepackage{index}

\newindex{bib}{bdx}{bnd}{BibIndex}
\newindex{default}{idx}{ind}{Index}

\begin{document}
\frontmatter
%\include{NA9front}
%\tableofcontents
%\include{toc}
\mainmatter
\include{NA9chap01}
\include{NA9chap02}
\include{NA9chap03}
\include{NA9chap04}
%\include{NA9chap05}
%\include{NA9chap06}
%\include{NA9chap07}
%\include{NA9chap08}
%\include{NA9chap09}
%\include{NA9chap10}
%\include{NA9chap11}
%\include{NA9chap12}
\backmatter
%\include{NA9back}

\printindex[bib]
\printindex[default]

\end{document}

J. Douglas Faires, PhD Professor Emeritus of Mathematics

Youngstown State University Youngstown OH 44555

Web Address: http://www.as.ysu.edu/~faires

Phones: Office 330 941 1805 Home 724 964 8497
        Cell 724 944 4472

Chair of the Board of YSU CURMath,
the Center for Undergraduate Mathematics Research