[texhax] howto modify list of table

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Sat Mar 6 12:53:06 CET 2010

At 01:03 06.03.10, wawan wrote:
>Hi all
>
>I have list of tables like this
>
>4.99 Model A . . . . . . . . . . . . 270
>4.100Model B
>
>There is problem when my tables more than 100, the numbering break title
>of table
>How to add more space betweek 4.100 and title ?

Is this a \listoftables with a LaTeX class? If so, type the following into
your document preamble somewhere after the \documentclass line:

     \makeatletter
       \renewcommand*{\l at table}{\@dottedtocline{1}{1.5em}{2.8em}}
     \makeatother

I typed "2.8em" in place of "2.3em" that I found in article.cls to allow
another digit. This is what you can play with. (Not tested, guessing from
what I did weeks ago. "1.5em" refers to the column of \section numbers, may
be wrong with the .cls you are using.)

Did you try the "symbols" environment?

HTH -- Uwe.