[texhax] Newbie class question

Thomas Jacobs thomasjacobs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 19:59:32 CEST 2010

Uwe,

This worked like a charm!

I did interact with one of the class authors and he pointed out that
by using the fullpage option to the thesis class I could get the one
inch margins (described in the user guide and I missed it) but it goes
to double spacing as part of the definition.  Thus, the geometry
package did the trick quite nicely.

May I assume that the layouts program provides approximate measures
which one must divide by 72 to get inch values or is it exact based
upon the file definition and the inch values reported in documentation
are thus approximate?

May I also assume one cannot use the \layouts package with the
\geometry package as I did not get any changes to the document in
pagedesign when using the \geometry package to constrain the widths?

Thanks again.

Tom

--
Thomas Jacobs