[texhax] Font Size Question

Thomas Jacobs thomasjacobs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 18:55:32 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to create a thesis from a series of papers and one of the
requirements is that pt. size can be no less than 7.  I am trying to
ascertain how to ensure I do not break this rule.  In looking at the
manuals, my current understanding is that given a default font size
such as 12 pt this is \normalsize in the document and each of the
following reduce it by one:

\small, \footnotesize, \scriptsize, and \tiny

If this is true than my smallest font size would be 8pt if I use
\tiny.  Further, I could drop the \normalsize to 11 pt and still use
\tiny and I would be at 7 pt.

Can anyone confirm that I have grasped this correctly?  THanks.

Tom

--
Thomas Jacobs