[texhax] Help

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Mon Jun 14 18:39:56 CEST 2010

On  13 Jun, 2010, at 23:52, chandrasekhar s wrote:

> Could anyone tell me as to how to install LaTex packages like fontspec in Linux

I think you should already have it installed by your distribution; but if you don't or you want to install a newer version...

You can install packages in your $HOME in a directory texmf; if it doesn't exist, you can create it. You can put fontspec.sty, for example, in

~/texmf/tex/xelatex/fontspec/fontspec.sty

Remember, though, that if your distribution installs a newer version in a future update, every file in your ~/texmf directory takes precedence, so you have to be aware of that and delete any older file in ~/texmf.

Best

Axel