[texhax] insert a figure

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 3 11:57:12 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 09:51:07PM +0400, Irinka wrote:

> I am quite new to latex environment. I am using TexShop on a Mac an
> recently had problems with inserting a figure:
>
> \begin{figure}[h]
> \centering
> \includegraphics[width=16cm,draft=true]{//Users/PhD/FIGURES THESIS/FIGURES THESIS CHAPTER 2//All data coverage SLP.pdf}
> \caption{Data coverage (\%) ICOADS SLP for four time periods}
> \label{fig:fig2.1}
> \end{figure}
>
> The figure is inserted, everything looks fine apart of the fact that on
> the top of the figure you can see the file name: //Users/PhD/LATEX
> THESIS/FIGURES THESIS/FIGURES THESIS CHAPTER 2//All data coverage SLP.pdf

a) With option "draft=true", the image is not inserted, instead the
   file name is shown in a box.
b) Spaces in file names are troublesome.
   If pdfTeX is used in PDF mode (e.g. pdflatex), then
   package grffile helps:
     \usepackage{grffile}
   Otherwise the image can't be found and the part after the
   first space character is printed additionally.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek