[texhax] The easiest way to increase font size to 13pt

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Jul 20 18:17:52 CEST 2010

Am Tue, 20 Jul 2010 11:23:39 -0400 schrieb William Adams:

> On Jul 20, 2010, at 11:11 AM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>
>> extsizes doesn't have a size13.clo, only a size14.clo.

> Oh. Mea culpa. Thanks for the correction --- wrong assumption
> based on the readme saying ``It takes as package options
> 8pt--20pt.'' so I'd thought it was inclusive.

> Could one copy the size13.clo file from koma over to extsizes?

KOMA doesn't have a size13.clo, it uses a fallback calculation:

Class scrartcl Warning: Using fallback calculation to setup font
sizes for basic size `13pt' on input line 1209.

But you can naturally generate a size13.clo (use size12 and size14
as examples). Then you can use extsizes to load it:

\makeatletter
\renewcommand\@ptsize{13}
\makeatother
\usepackage{extsizes}

(the main use of extsizes here is that you can avoid errors because
of the \newcommand's)

--
Ulrike Fischer