[texhax] detect characters in strings

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Wed Jul 7 20:31:49 CEST 2010

"Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)" <P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk>,  07.07.2010 20:14:37
> Maybe try \edef ?

Somewhere earlier I wrote that the macros from substr.sty are not expandable. This really means that they break in an \edef as well as in a \typeout, sorry. And BTW, a pair of braces seems to be missing with the first \typeout ... and what are you doing with #1 in \SciToFP? Please tell what you expect \SciToFP to do ...

Cheers,

    Uwe.