[texhax] texmakerx, and mactex

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Jan 31 14:46:10 CET 2010

On 31 January 2010 Tom Backer Johnsen wrote:

 > Thanks, that message got me a bit closer.  I evidently have to learn
 > something about references to catalogs/directories on OSX.  I now manage
 > to run Latex on a relatively large project.  So far, so good.  But when
 > I try PdfLatex with TeXmakerx I get some weird messages where the first
 > one is  "Undefined  control sequence  \documentclass".  And no pdf
 > output.  So, I am not there yet.

It seems that you are running [pdf]tex instead of pdflatex.  Please
note that \documentclass is a latex command which is undefined in
plain tex.

See:

  http://texmakerx.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/texmakerx/trunk/utilities/usermanual_en.html?content-type=text%2Fhtml

Are the settings described in section 1.2 correct?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25