[texhax] Separate numbering of supplementary tables

Senthil Kumar M senthil.debian at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 20:07:06 CET 2010

Hi,

The journal that I am submitting my manuscript to requires that the
supplementary tables be numbered separately from the ``main'' tables
in the manuscript.

For example, I need something like:
...results are given in Table 2 (for a more comprehensive list, please
see STable 1 in the supplementary information).

(a) How do I change the style of the table name for supplementary
tables alone? If I use \renewcommand{\tablename}{STable} then how do I
later in the above example?

(b) How do I keep the table numbers of ``main'' and supplementary
tables separate?

Thanks in advance,

Senthil

-/

It was a confusion of ideas between him and one of the lions he was
hunting in Kenya that had caused A. B. Spottsworth to make the
obituary column. He thought the lion was dead, and the lion thought it
wasn't. -- P. G. Wodehouse, Ring for Jeeves (1953).