[texhax] ?

Axel Freyn axel-freyn at gmx.de
Wed Jan 27 18:38:58 CET 2010

Hi,
On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 05:21:55PM +0100, Susan Dittmar wrote:
> Quoting File Store (5mgfreestore at gmail.com):
> > Consider the following
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> > \begin{enumerate}[(a)]
> > \item "first item
> > \item second third
> > \item fourth item
> > \item fifth it
> >  \end{enumerate}
> > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> >
> > Why does this creates a different form of parenthesis for the items?
>
> Could you please create a full minimal example? Putting
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \begin{document}
>
> and
>
> \end{document}
>
> around your example does *not* work, as the enumerate environment in the
> standard definition does not have an optional argument.
>
> Could you please add to the above code everything that is needed to
> reproduce your problem?

I tried using in addition the package "enumerate" - this adds an
additional argument to the enumerate-environment.
For me, it works correctly with \usepackage{enumerate} - giving exactly
the same parenthesis for all items.

So probably we really need a working example which produces the error...

Axel