[texhax] MikTex 2.8 and Windows 2.8

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Sat Jan 23 09:22:04 CET 2010

I wonder if there is an issue in some way or another with the
combination above, in a slightly  complex situation.  I use a MacBook
Pro with the latest operating system.  On this machine I  have a
Paralells virtual machine with Windows 7 installed and updated.  When
downloading and running a Basic Miktex 2.8 installer I always get an
error somewhere in the process and not in the same place.  I have tried
downloading the installer from several different sites with the same
effect.

Any suggestions on where the error might be?

Tom