[texhax] amer

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at fastwebnet.it
Thu Jan 21 18:21:54 CET 2010

> After LaTeX compilation command
> I saw that
> 21-10-2010  05:29:52: START
> "C:\texmf \miktex\bin\Batches\ latex.bat"
> "C:\ Documents and Settings\bmw\My Documents\LEdProjects"
> "New.tex" C: This is pdfTex, Version
> 3.1415926.1.40.10(MiKTeX) Entering extended mode "C:\
> Documents and Settings\bmw\My Documents\LEdProjects"
> "New.tex" LaTex2e <2009/01/24> Bable <V3.81> and hyphenation
> patterns for English, French, loaded. LaTex Error: Missing
> \beigen{document} See the LaTex manual or latex companion for
> explanation Type H <return> for immediate help .
> 1-1>
>       \dcumentclass{birkmult}
> ?

Well, that's still not a faithful copy of the log since there are still
typos.

However, LaTeX is complaining that it didn't find a \begin{document}
statement.

This statement must come before anything that will cause output to be
printed.

So, check carefully that it really is there (and typed correctly) and that
you have no statements other than definitions & co. before it.

Cheers,  Phil