[texhax] Question

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Tue Jan 19 17:45:01 CET 2010

William:

> > TeXShop has two things that prevent me from using it:
> >
> > 1. The windows seem tiny and cramped and it wasn't obvious how to
> > resize things or to easily change the font size in the editing window.
>
> TeXshop | Preferences
>
> There're radio buttons which control this behaviour and allow one to
> set the position of the relevant windows under the Source and Preview
> tabs.

Ok, thanks!

> > 2. I can't use my favorite editor (vim) in the editing window, so
> > would have to use up time futzing with the mouse.
>
> TeXshop | Help | Using an External Editor
>
> > Perhaps the authors would consider implementing these?
>
> Perhaps the user would consider RTFM?

No, I never Read The Manual unless absolutely necessary!  ;-)

I got it to work once I found the right place in the help window.
(Is there a way to stop the mac help windows from being obnoxiously
on top?)

I suggest that the typeset button be default to be in the preview so
one doesn't need to customize.

I wasn't able to get latexmk to recognize that my file had changed and
do the typesetting in TeXshop.  Isn't that possible, or did I just
miss it?

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health