[texhax] Question

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Sun Jan 17 15:17:14 CET 2010

Axel:

> No, because TeXShop uses pdfTeX (output PDF) as default, and

That was not obvious to me using it.  Maybe it could be made more clear?

> psTricks requires output DVI -> dvips -> PDF.
>
> Maybe the wording has changed (I'm using TeXShop 2.26), but TeXShop
> has always had this option.

The options don't mention "DVI -> dvips -> PDF".
Can TeXShop be made smart enough to know this?  Could using pstricks
trigger it?  I only know it since I've done it for years, so I don't
expect to have to RTFM - especially if the error doesn't point me
in the right direction.

Tom