[texhax] Aligning two elements in pdfTeX

Firestone, Elaine R. (GSFC-279.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] elaine.r.firestone at nasa.gov
Fri Jan 8 04:19:21 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm using pdfTeX and am trying to align some text with a logo for the cover of a document so that I'd get something like:

_________
|            |
|            |         The Square Group
|  logo    |         Sedona, Arizona
|            |
--------

I've tried various combinations of  \line, hboxes, and vboxes to no avail. The text always comes out at the bottom right of the logo as in:

_________
|            |
|            |
|  logo    |
|            |
--------
                        The Square Group
                         Sedona, Arizona

 What am I doing wrong? This is the latest code I have now:

{\line{\vbox{\hbox{\pdfximage width2in{square.pdf}\pdfrefximage\pdflastximage}}}\hskip2.7in
      {\vbox{\hbox{The Square Group}
\vskip3pt\hbox{Sedona, Arizona}}}
}

Can anyone help me here?  I've tried Knuth and Bechtolshein, and I just don't see what it should be.

Thanks.