[texhax] multiple pdfs from one dtx (Arno Trautmann)

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Thu Dec 30 16:42:46 CET 2010

Niall Mansfield wrote:
>   On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 11:03:11PM +0100, Arno Trautmann wrote:
>   > I want to produce two different sty files and
>   > corresponding documentations (pdfs). As the
>   > sty files belong together (say, an internal
>   > and external version), I want to keep
>   > maintainance as easy as possible and therefore
>   > use one dtx file for everything. Now, is there
>   > a possibility to produce two pdfs from one dtx
>   > file?
>
> We had a related requirement -- how to produce two different
> versions of a book from the same source files.

Thanks for your comment, but that is a quite different problem. I tried
to unify everything into a single LaTeX run – that was the problem. Two
different versions wouldn't have been a problem as the file is quite
short and working with conditionals would have been fine.

But as I am planning to produce two very different versions of my
thesis, I might get back to your approach ;)

cheers
Arno