[texhax] inputting a file with a different documentclass

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 10 00:23:33 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 03:55:49PM -0700, Aaron S. Meurer wrote:

> But it looks like \includepdf[fitpaper=true]{letter} does
> the trick.  The only issue is that the letter page is slightly smaller
> than the other ones, which must be because one of the two documents is not
> really creating 8.5x11 in. pages like it should be (although Skim reports
> both as being 8.3x11.7 in., so I don't know).

Then your file `letter.pdf' has probably size DIN A4.

Keep in mind that LaTeX doesn't tell the output driver the output
page size. You need a package like geometry, typearea,
hyperref, pdftex.def, some classes (KOMA-Script, memoir, ...)
with correct (driver and page size) options,
 especially in case of DVI drivers.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek