[texhax] WinEdt 5 & MikTex 2.8

José Puy jpuyhua at ciccp.es
Fri Apr 23 11:46:18 CEST 2010

I am an old user of WinEdt 5 + MikTex. (Spain)
I have installed MikTex 2.8. I have no problems with Windows XP, but with Vista I get this message

"LATEX.EXE" no se reconoce como un comando interno o externo,
programa o archivo por lotes ejecutable.
Presione una tecla para continuar . . .

when I try to compile with Latex. The latex.bat under c:\Archivos de programa\WinEdt\Bin\Tex is OK

@ECHO OFF
rem *** WinEdt Environment Block Start
rem WinEdt Environment Block is Inherited (see Startup.edt)
rem *** WinEdt Environment Block End
LATEX.EXE %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
%batch_end%

 and so is the definition in the Options Menu Setup

%~B\Bin\TeX\LaTex.bat %0 "%N%T"

What is the problem and How may solve it.

José Puy Huarte